Blue Tilapia (Oreochromis aureus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Sarotherodon aureus)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
17.8-22.9cm (7-9 ")
7.5 - 8.2
22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Blue Tilapia, Israeli Tilapia, Golden Tilapia, Jordan St. Peter’s Fish
Additional scientific names
- Tilapia aurea, Sarotherodon aureus
- Widespread from Northern Africa to the Middle East.
- Not easy to visually sex.
- A large peaceful cichlid that can be kept with other large peaceful, and semi-aggressive species.
- Known to me an unfussy eater, and will eat whatever they can find.
- Freshwater tank. Being very adaptable, they will easily thrive in your setup.
- Docile, and active; a relatively active fish.
- Wild type variety is grey with a bluish tinge. Many colour variants have arisen due to selective breeding.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|Aquarium spawning:||Aquarium setup:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )